A few months ago we already told you about the changes announced by the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training in the modalities of Bachillerato. And we are happy to tell you that for this 2023-2024 academic year they are already fully operational, including for those students in their second year of Bachillerato. In this post, we are going to focus on the new modality of General Bachillerato, so that you have the information in the clearest and simplest way possible.
This modality of General Bachillerato is designed for students who wish to have a more flexible and comprehensive education, as it will allow them to choose subjects of their interest and preference. Thus, they will have the opportunity to personalize their educational experience, approaching in this way the one taught in other parts of the world, such as Europe and the United States. The option of General Bachillerato is ideal for students who are still unsure about what they want to study, who have very diverse interests, or who see Vocational Training as their safest choice. It is important to mention that not all educational centers will offer the modality of General Bachillerato from the beginning.
Regarding the organization of subjects, as you may already know, in Bachillerato it is divided into:
- Common subjects: those that all students take regardless of the chosen Bachillerato modality
- Modality subjects: those specific to each Bachillerato modality
- Optional subjects: it must include a second foreign language
Well, focusing on the modality subjects of General Bachillerato, the subjects to choose from in each year are:
- 1st Bachillerato: General Mathematics and two other modality subjects from the first year that the center offers. This offer will include the subject of Economics, Entrepreneurship, and Business Activity
- 2nd Bachillerato: General Sciences and two other modality subjects from the first year that your center offers. This offer will include the subject of Cultural and Artistic Movements
As you can see, now students can personalize their choices according to their preferences, being able to choose, for example, a subject in Pure Sciences and another in Humanities! This is very good news because they can start preparing better for certain future jobs in which hybrid knowledge from various branches of knowledge is already in demand, aligning themselves with an increasingly growing demand in the job market for multidisciplinary profiles. For example, the computational linguist or the algorithm auditor, which we have already talked about in this same blog and which you can access by clicking on the link.
If you are thinking about what to study, don't hesitate and discover with Singularity Experts which Bachillerato, Vocational Training, university degree, and high employability job best suits your abilities and interests.